Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we’re getting into the spirit of the season by updating our home décor!
We’re swapping out our regular décor for a cute Valentine’s Day gallery wall that’s stylish, low-cost and super easy to put together! Read on to download our FREE printable gallery wall art and find out how to install your beautiful gallery wall without damaging the walls!
Here’s what you’ll need
- Three A4 photo frames
- Our free printable gallery wall art (hearts & XOXO)
- VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners (12 sets)
Top tips for hanging a gallery wall
- Use a spirit level. No-one wants wonky picture frames, so use a spirit level and a pencil to mark a faint line on the wall where you want your pictures to hang before you attach anything to the wall. (But the beauty of VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners is that they peel off the wall easily so you can re-position your frames if you need to.
- Plan your layout. We’d recommend experimenting with different layouts by laying your frames out on the floor before you hang anything on the wall.
What to do
1. Download our gallery wall art
Start by downloading our free printable Valentine’s Day gallery wall art (we have a hearts & XOXO design). We used three black frames for our gallery wall but remember you can use more or less frames depending on the look you want to go for and how much wall space you have to fill.
2. Pick your frames
Next, pick your frames! You could go for a uniform look with three picture frames that are all the same shape, size and color or mix and match different styles! It’s completely up to you.
3. Plan your gallery wall layout
Now, before you hang you hang anything on the wall, it’s really important to plan your gallery wall layout! Here are a couple of things to bear in mind:
- Height – we’d recommend hanging your frames at eye level (and remember this will be lower in living and dining rooms where you tend to be sat down)
- Layout – do you want a uniform, symmetrical layout? Or a more abstract, haphazard look?
4. Hang your Valentine’s Day gallery wall!
Once you’ve got your prints and planned your layout, all that’s left is to hang your gallery wall art… And we’ll let you in on a little secret. You don’t need to use nails or hooks to hang a gallery wall (good news for renters!)
We’d recommend using VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners that are removable and peel off easily when you want to take your picture frames down. (They’re also perfect for anyone who wants to re-position their gallery wall as you can peel the frames off and stick them back on again).
You’ll need four sets of VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners per picture frame to hang your gallery wall without nails. And they’re super quick and easy to use!
Stick one set in each corner of the frame, rub it for 30 seconds and then press the frame firmly against the wall. Slide the frame up and off the wall, and then leave them for one hour while the adhesive bonds with the wall. Easy, right?
And that’s how quick and easy it is to make a beautiful Valentine’s Day gallery wall!
Shop VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners on Amazon or stay on our blog for even more home decor ideas!
- Give an Old Bookcase New Life with Hidden Storage
- Create a DIY Family Center with Sabrina Soto
- Make Your Own Sofa Caddy with No Sewing