Reflect your love of travelling in your home décor with a travel themed gallery wall!
It’s one of our favorite gallery wall ideas because it’s a great way to put your own personalized stamp on your home décor. Use it to display precious holiday memories or capture the feeling of wanderlust with inspirational travel quotes and amazing prints – the possibilities are endless!
Read on to find out how to make a travel gallery wall and learn the secret to hanging pictures without nails (perfect for renters!)
How to make a travel inspired gallery wall
What you’ll need
- Travel themed photos or artwork
- Picture frames
- VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners
What to do
1. Choose your picture frames and artwork
The first step of creating a travel themed gallery wall is choosing your picture frames and artwork, and planning the overall look of your picture gallery. Here are a couple of things to think about:
- Frame size/colour/style – Do you want them all to be the same or different?
- Type of artwork – Do you want to display travel photos? Inspirational travel quotes? Stylish prints?
- Location – Deciding where to hang your gallery wall will determine how much space you have to fill/how many frames you need
- Layout – Do you want a uniform, symmetrical layout or something a bit more abstract?
2. Plan your layout
Now to plan your layout! This is best done on the floor before you commit to hanging any pictures on the wall. Experiment with a few different layouts until you’ve settled on the one you want!
3. Hang your pictures
The final step of creating a travel inspired picture gallery is to hang your pictures on the wall! The quickest and easiest way to do this is with VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners – they leave marks or holes in the walls like nails and they peel of easily when you want to take your pictures down (perfect for anyone with a strict landlord who won’t let them use nails).
Stick one set of picture hanging strips in each corner and then press each frame firmly against the wall. Remove the frames for an hour to give the adhesive time to bond with the wall, and then re-hang your gallery wall!
And that’s all it takes to make a travel inspired gallery wall! Let us know if you try your hand at making your own – this home décor idea is so quick and easy that anyone can do it!
Want to make your own gallery wall? Check out the full range of VELCRO® Brand HANGables® Removable Wall Fasteners or stay on our blog for more inspiration!