Let your kid’s imagination soar with this cute DIY mermaid towel wrap!
In this easy crafting tutorial, we’ll show you how to make a mermaid towel wrap using our VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics Tape.
Perfect for poolside fun, this DIY mermaid towel wrap can be washed and reused time after time. This cute towel will not only keep the kids dry after a dunk in the water, it’ll also let their imagination soar with summertime fun.
How to Make a DIY Mermaid Towel Wrap
This towel is suited to fit a child up to age 10.
What you’ll need:
- A beach towel
- Two rubber bands
- Decorative fabric ribbon – at least ¾” wide
- VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric Tape
1. To start, let’s create the fin! Gather one of the towel’s short ends from one corner to the center.
Then tie with a rubber band.
Fluff the towel, so it looks like a fin.
Repeat with the other corner to form the full mermaid tail.
2. Using the ribbon, cover the rubber bands with a decorative bow.
3. Next, on the opposite edge, attach 4″ of VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric Tape to the corner of the towel.
4. Apply the corresponding tape to the opposite side.
For a better fit, wrap the towel around your kid before applying the tape.
And that’s it! Have your kids wear this towel to the pool, beach, or lake. We promise this DIY mermaid towel wrap will make a real splash!
If you’d like to try this crafting tutorial yourself, pick up a pack of VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics Tape. And for more easy sewing projects, stay on our blog!
- How to Make a DIY Hand Sanitizer Holder
- How to Make a DIY Makeup Roll
- How to Make a DIY Reusable Drinking Straw