No sewing required! VELCRO® Brand Iron On Fasteners use a heat-activated adhesive that you can use in place of buttons, snaps, zippers or hook and eye closures. It’s easy to use and fuses directly to fabric. And it has all the strength you expect from a VELCRO® Brand product. Need a quick and reliable closure for that last-minute costume? Don’t want to see stitches around the hem of those dress pants? VELCRO® Brand Iron On Fasteners are the answer. Just iron it on and know it’s secure without a stitch in sight. There’s no chance of losing a button when you use VELCRO® Brand Iron On Fasteners instead of buttons. And it can be used on craft projects, costumes, décor, or on fabrics that are just plain difficult to sew. And you know the fastener won’t fail, because you ironed out all the details yourself. You can count on VELCRO® Brand Iron On Fasteners to last wash after wash, in hot water, and in cold. Whatever it is, go ahead and make it, but make it easy with VELCRO® Brand fasteners.
• Simple, just iron it on
• Heat activated fabric adhesive
• Washable in hot or cold water• Lasts wash after wash without losing its grip
• An easy alternative to buttons, snaps or zippers
1. Wash and dry fabric before applying VELCRO® Brand Iron On fasteners.
2. With steam activated, heat steam iron to highest setting.
3. Cut tape to desired length (tip: round fastener’s corners).
4. Remove release liner from back of tape.
5. Position adhesive side on fabric.
6. Place fabric, fastener-side down, on pressing surface (tip: always iron fabric from the reverse side of the fastener).
7. Press for 90 seconds, applying pressure and moving iron back and forth. Do not scorch the fabric. For delicate fabrics, a press cloth is recommended. Do not apply heat directly to hook or loop tape.
Note: Steam iron performances vary. Cool fabric completely and test bond by lifting edge. If the fastener has fused, the edge should be fixed. If the edge can be peeled back, apply heat again. After applying Iron On fasteners, wait at least 24 hours before laundering. After waiting 24 hours, the fabric can be machine washed or dry cleaned. Close fastener when laundering.