It’s easy to get your desk space cluttered with knick-knacks and lots of odds and ends.
When I’m working, I need my desk clean and tidy so I can concentrate on the task at hand. I’ve created a vertical organizer for all those tiny things so they’re kept neat and orderly. The best part about this DIY is that it takes about 15 minutes to make! The jars are removable for easy access whenever you need that clip or paperclip!
What you need:
- Chalkboard, corkboard or clipboard
- VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back fasteners (squares or coins)
- Mini plastic jars or containers with lids
- Sticky labels
- Knick-knacks or items that you're going to organize
What to do:
1. Figure out the placement of your mini containers on your board. My board fits three but if your board is slightly larger, feel free to use up all the space you have.
2. Once you’ve decided on your placement, peel the VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back fasteners off the acetate and stick onto the bottom of your mini container. Stick the opposite VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back fastener to the board where you will be placing the container.
3. Continue this process for the remainder of your containers or jars.
4. Adhere the sticky labels to the lids of the containers and label appropriately based on contents.
5. Organize and fill the mini containers with clips, pins and tacks.