The holiday season is primetime to DIY. When it comes to giftwrapping, we wholeheartedly agree with HGTV’s Sabrina Soto, “the more unique you can make it look, the better!” To help you add some holiday flair to your decorating, Sabrina created two DIY ribbons made with VELCRO® Brand Holiday Decor Wrap and Garland Ties. Check them out!
Trending Project: DIY Festive Holiday Garland in 30 Mins
What’s great about anything made with decor wrap is that you can re-use it over and over. For our first bow:
1. Start with a small loop of decor wrap (this will be the middle of your bow)
2. Continue making cones all the way around
3. When you’re done it will look like a florette
Pro tip: use decor wrap as a ribbon on your gift and then affix your bow in the middle!
4. Don’t forget to allow for an inch or two of overlap!
Voilá! Gift wrapped! No tape necessary!
Lots of Loops Bow
Here’s another great gift wrapping idea:
1. Pre cut strips of Holiday Decor Wrap. Start with a 6″ strip and increase in length by 2″ increments (You’ll need 4-5 in total.)
2. As you pull apart your strips, turn each one into a loop. They should look like small bracelets.
3. Once you have all of your loops, start to stack them, one on top of another. Start with the largest loop and add the smaller ones incrementally.
4. Cut a 2″ strip and use it to bundle all of your loops together.
Ta-da! There you have it, another creative gift-topper. The best part: after the holidays are wrapped up, you, or whomever the lucky gift-getter is, can use them over and over again.
Related Project: 6 Ways to DIY Your Holiday Stockings