Star Wars Day is just around the corner and we’re getting crafty by making a DIY Chewbacca pencil holder!
A quick and easy Star Wars craft for kids, this DIY pencil pot takes around 5-10 minutes to make. Not only is it a fun craft activity for little ones but it makes a great gift idea for big kids who love Star Wars. Let’s get started!
HOW TO MAKE A CHEWBACCA PENCIL HOLDER
Watch our video tutorial or scroll down for our step-by-step instructions!
WHAT YOU NEED
You’ll be able to get everything you need for this Star Wars craft idea from your local craft store. And to help keep the cost down, we’ve thrown in some free printables for Chewbacca’s sash.
- VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back Tape
- VELCRO® Brand Stick on for Fabrics Ovals
- Tin can (clean and dry)
- Brown faux fur
- Googly eyes
- Black material for the nose
- Free printable Chewbacca sash
WHAT TO DO
- Stick three strips of the hook side of VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back Tape on an empty tin can (the hook side is the scratchy side). Make sure the can is clean and dry before you start.
- Cut three long strips of brown fur and stick the loop side of a VELCRO® Brand Stick on for Fabrics Ovals at each end (the loop side is the soft side).
- Wrap each strip of fur around the pot and stick it down.
- Print out Chewbacca’s sash and attach it to the inside and bottom of the tin can.
- Stick on two googly eyes and a nose.
- Pop in your pencils and voilà! Your DIY Chewbacca pencil pot is finished!
If you’d like to have a go at this Star Wars craft later, pin this image to your Pinterest board to save this tutorial for later!
Try this out for yourself and don’t forget to tag the @VELCROBrand on Instagram! And for more craft ideas and tutorials, stay on our blog!