Now that summer is around the corner, it’s time to open your doors and let the fresh air flow freely! Screen doors are an easy way to keep out bugs and let your home feel fresh. In this easy 5 minutes or less DIY screen door tutorial, we’ll show you how to make a screen door without any nails, screws, or staple guns!
Unlike mechanical or retractable screens, there’s no bulky rod to hang on the inside of your door. And the best part? This DIY project will lay perfectly flat and is easily removable!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
How to Build a Screen Door: What You’ll Need
– VELCRO® Brand Industrial Strength Tape
– Walk-thru screen door
1. First things first, cut a piece of VELCRO® Brand Industrial Strength Tape to the width of your door.
2. Next, adhere the fastener to the outside of your door frame and the screen.
3. Now it’s time to attach the screen to the threshold, line up the edges, hang and position it to your liking. PRO TIP: If there’s excess screen, you can trim along the edge to reach your desired length.
4. And that’s it! Enjoy leaving your door open all summer long with your new walk-thru screen door!
Now you know how to build a screen door! We can’t wait to see how you make your own DIY screen door, and when you do, don’t forget to tag us @VELCROBrand!
VELCRO® Brand Industrial Strength