Ever since George de Mestral’s invention of hook and loop
in the 1940s, the VELCRO® brand has represented hook and loop material and characterized other connecting products of the finest and most trusted quality. The VELCRO® mark is the subject of over 200 trademark registrations in over 150 countries worldwide, and we take pride in its fame and heritage.
Today, Velcro Companies continues to be the original and premier manufacturer and innovator of hook and loop fasteners. We are always tinkering with the VELCRO® Brand concept to find new and interesting ways to use our products and solutions—at home, at work and at play.
With worldwide locations and a presence in more than forty countries, we’ll never be short of ideas, idea-makers, or uncharted territories to explore.
- VELCRO® Brand hook and loop is used for applications ranging from agricultural to industrial cleaning to transportation. For example, VELCRO® Brand hook and loop secures the AstroTurf at a professional football stadium and secures Kevlar plates in U.S. military apparel.
- Velcro Companies serves a variety of industries including:
- Medical and Healthcare
- Personal Care
- Velcro Companies own over 400 active Patents for its product line
For further information regarding registered trademark use for the VELCRO® brand, please visit Patents & Trademarks
or scroll below.
About Our Trademark
Below are guidelines for the proper use of the VELCRO® trademark, which assists us in safeguarding the integrity of the VELCRO® brand, and helps to protect consumers from products incorrectly sold as VELCRO® brand products.
We ask that you use the VELCRO® mark in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Use the VELCRO® mark only in connection with genuine VELCRO® brand fasteners. Identify non-VELCRO® brand products by their common terms, including “hook and loop,” “touch fasteners,” “self-adhesive straps,” and so forth.
2. When referring to genuine VELCRO® brand products, use the registration symbol (®) and the word "brand" directly following the trademark. Where possible, capitalize the mark. Example: “VELCRO® brand.”
3. Follow the word "brand” with the correct generic term for the fastener or other product. For example, you might say, "Our product features genuine VELCRO® brand touch fasteners."
4. Always use the VELCRO® mark as an adjective, and never as a noun or a verb. When referring to non-VELCRO® brand hook and loop, do not use the VELCRO® mark. Examples:
Incorrect: “She prefers velcro to buttons or zippers.”
Correct: “She prefers VELCRO® brand fasteners to buttons or zippers”
Incorrect: “He leaned down to velcro his shoes.”
Correct: “He leaned down to fasten his shoes.”
5. Where possible, include a trademark notice that says: "VELCRO® is a registered trademark of Velcro Industries B. V."
If you have any questions about these use guidelines, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.