Piñatas are fun and colorful! Who wouldn’t want to dress up as a piñata and be the life of the party this Halloween? Many piñata costumes are made with paper streamers and tape which does not make them very durable. This costume however is made with brightly colored felt attached with VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric to make it durable and reusable. The look will be completed with a matching party hat.
You will need:
– Multicolored Felt
– A Dress
– VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics
Here’s what to do:
1. Cut the felt into long 3-inch wide strips. Make enough to cover the body of the dress even when they are overlapping. Depending on your dress the number of strips will vary.
2. Cut the felt into thinner strips for the straps of the dress.
3. Cut slits about half way up in the wider felt strips to make it fringy. Do the same thing to the thinner strips.
4. Cut the VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric into small pieces.
5. Start at the bottom and attach the felt strips to the dress with the VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric pieces.
6. When you get to the straps, start using the thinner strips.
7. Using this same process, you can make a matching hat.
Now, you’re all set to be the life of the party. Happy trick or treating!
Don’t forget to pick up all of your VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabric products for all of your Halloween costume needs!
|VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics
Select A Size
As Low As $3.99
Fast ShippingOrder Now